Monday, February 16, 2009

White Castle. "The Perfect Food"?

In the words of Harold and Kumar, "We need the perfect food!" I couldn't agree more!
Last night as I finished the tail end of my 3rd shift from hell at work, I had an epiphany that I was going to stop at White Castle on the way home. I was so excited I was almost shaking! It had been years since I had indulged in that mouth watering piece of heaven and I just couldn't get there fast enough. All I could think was sliders, sliders, sliders.
As I drove down Rt. 53 it had occurred to me that it was over 3 years since I had gone to the "Redneck Riviera" of burger joints. They stay open all night and their prices can't be beat! What more can one ask for in a late night snacking experience, right? So why haven't I eaten there in so long? I couldn't remember. I just chocked it up to location. One just opened within the last few months about 5 minutes from my house, but before that, I didn't even know where to look for one.
So, I get my sack o' sliders and dig in. It was just as good as I had expected. Every bite was better than the last one. That is, until I took the last bite. Then I was sad. Giving no more thought to the experience, I put my weary but satisfied body to bed in hopes that a few good hours of sleep would come my way and the stress of the last 3 nights would quickly dissipate. No such luck.
The baby had me up at 4, then my belly at 5! Oh, Jesus. What the hell did I do???? Now I remember clearly and vividly why it had been years since my last visit!
I felt like my stomach was going 40 different directions, my head was pounding and I couldn't complete a thought. I felt like I was drugged, but not in a good way. Could this be my body protesting the "perfect food"? I do believe it was. How incredibly disappointing! If someone would just invent the slider that has no negative side affects... Or at least a warning label like they put on all of these new drugs that cause things cancer and tuberculosis! They are meant to improve your quality of life, but kill you in the process!
Then, by the grace of God, it would indeed be the perfect food!
That's my little tidbit on a little tidbit! Til next time.... Stick to McDonald's!

2 comments:

  1. It's that dog gone baby of yours! She has made your insides reject White Castle and all of it's tasty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right! Can't eat Big Macs anymore either. It is oh so sad being me sometimes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete